Saturday, March 3, 2012

Our Sweet Hudson

Hudson, Hudson, Hudson...we also call him Buddy, Hud Bud, Little Man, Boobie Monster =)  Hudson has kept us on our toes for the last 3 months!  It all started with him breaking all of our rules!  Yes, we let him sleep in the bed with us on several occasions because it was the only way we were going to get any sleep...and boy oh boy did he sleep deprive us!  In Alabama, we noticed he cried a lot but we just though it was because there was no routine or rhythym to our days.  We thought once we got to Virginia and settled in he wouldn't cry as much and he would sleep better.  At 7 weeks, we decided it wasn't normal for him to be crying that much, not to mention he still wasn't sleeping day or not =(  This mama needs her sleep!  So when he was 7 weeks ago, the doctor recommended putting him on formula, which went against everything in me.  He was gaining weight, but spitting up HUGE amounts, crying non stop and still not sleeping!  So I decided to stop dairy.  I am a huge dairy eater/drinker and when Brylee was little I noticed that when I cut back, she was a happier baby.  So, towards the end of Janurary I gave up all dairy!  He was a totally different baby!  He had happy moments, he started sleeping better at night, but he was still spitting up!  Finally, our doctor referred us to a pediatric GI and we saw him last week.  He did put him on Zantac, but also said the problem could be in food allergies... WHAT???? none of us have food allergies and I am a lover of foods!  So, once again, we were faced with the recommendation of putting him on a hypoallergenic formula... I sat in the doctor's office and cried.  I felt like a moron but I felt like I wasn't doing my job..... God has supplied me with plenty of milk and the joy of loving nursing and I felt like it was slipping out from under me......So we left the doctor's office that day and deicded I was going to try this wheat, egg, soy, nut, and dairy free diet.... I mean it can't be that hard right???? (Acutally, I knew it would be hard....)  In my mind I thought.... I can do this.... I know people who have done it before...And....if he doesnt outgrow it I am going to have to learn how to cook this way at some point anyways!  So, here it is Saturday and I am on my 3rd day of an allergy free diet!  It's not easy and I sooo want everything I can't have.  He has been on Allimentum formula for the past several days so  I could get my diet worked out and some ingredrients to be able to cook with.  I have had several thoughts and fears that once i go back to nursing he won't want it, but last night he was having a rough night so I went up for the I don't know how many times Tim and I had gone up trying to soothe him, and he latched right on and fell asleep!  What an amazing feeling!  This journey is scary but I know I can do anything with my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment