Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In and out of the kitchen

ssooo, I haven't been cooking too much lately but here's what all I've been getting into in and out of the kitchen.  Outback has a gluten free menue, which is great, except I have to avoid more than just gluten and wheat.  They do make all of their salad dressings in house and they can tell you exactly what's in them!  I did make an allergy free coffee cake the other morning and it turned out DELICIOUS!  So much so, I ate the whole pan, except for 2 pieces...all before lunch =/


I've replaced mayonaise with avocados for the time being.  I tried a home ade mayo recipe and it was horrible!  I got risky this weekend when we ate at PF Changs and ate a lettuce wrap, which are amazing!  He didn't react to it that evening or night or the next morning.  That was Sunday.  On Monday, Brylee and me ate at a bd mongolian (I think that's the name) and it was DELICIOUS!  They also have a menue that tells you what every single sauce of theirs has in it!  Wonderful tool!  I decided to try a sweet and sour sauce that day soy beans in it.  Well, after lunch, he was cranky the rest of the day.  Hm, it's so hard to know whether it was the soybeans or just a cranky day.  So, we'll give soy one more try before we rule it either way.  I will say he had a wonderful day today!  He even took a 3.5 hour nap. I didn't know what to do with myself =)  Although soy  is in EVERYTHING, maybe he's just allergic to that and not to other things.... wishful thinking maybe, but I can hope =)

No comments:

Post a Comment