Friday, May 11, 2012

So very thankful!

Yesterday Tim had another sinus surgery.  We had to leave the house by 8 and we didn't get home until 4:30.  Thankfully, I had two very good friends that were gracious enough to keep our children for us.  I hate asking for help and for anyone to have to watch the kids, but I wasn't about to take Brylee and Hudson to the hospital all day!  I was kidn of looking forward to the quiet moments I could just sit in that uncomfortable hospital chair and read a good book or few...  In the past, his surgery hasnt taken very long and we were back home by 1:00.  They didnt take him back for actual surgery until 1230 and I knew we would never be back by 2 which was what time my friend, that had come to our house to watch the babies, needed to leave in order to get her oldest off of the bus.  I frantically called our neighbor to see if she was home and could possibly go over there and get the babies and take them back to her house and to also get Darbie from school.  She did!  She came right over and hauled everything she needed for Hudson back to her house.  (Have I mentioned how thankful I am that God has placed these sweet friends in my life?)  Anyways, we finally get home, Tim gets to the couch and I get the kids and their stuff... Darbie finishes her homework and I realize it's Thursday...which is soccer for us!  I ran in the kitchen to see if she had practice because if so we were skipping...but nope...she had a game...at 6!  at 6!  So, we quickly got ready and headed out the door.  Tim stayed home and I prayed that he'd be ok until we got back.  Dinner through a drive thru...check..soccer game...check....back through a drive thru for Tim...check...and finally we got home... got the kids in, did our bedtime routine and Timand I got the girls in bed and I finally had a chance to just sit for a minute...I was rocking and feeding Hudson, but it was in the quiet, dark room that God whispered in my ear... "My child, be thankful for what you have...even on those stressful days when you feel like you've gotten nothing acomplished... you did...you do every day... teaching those three children I've loaned you about Me and and teaching them manners and grace and how to be ladies and too soon how to be a little man... you are accomplishing just what I want you to accomplish in the season of your life"  I just wanted to hold onto the moment forever... Holding our sweet youngest miracle in my arms. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and thankfulness to Him who ultimately provides for us and gives us just what we need.  I was overcome with gratitude and thankfulness to my husband for making so many sacrifces so I can stay home with our children.  In moments during days to come, when I get overwhelmed and worried about finances and being "important" and providing my part to our family I will remember this quiet moment that my Father whispered into my ear.......

No comments:

Post a Comment