Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy belated birthday to my sweet Darbie

Darbie,
I am just writing this because it's a new tradition I hope to start with you three.  I wasn't "blogging" on your birthday but I still want you to have a "birthday letter".  You turned 11 this year!  WOW!  11!  You are growing into an amazing young lady.  You came into my life 6 years ago.  the funny thing is... I can't remember life without you in it.  I loved you long before I ever met you for the very first time.  You have grown so much in these last 6 years.  When daddy and I started the custody battle that summer, we did so with full force and never looked back.  One of the happiest days of our life was sitting in that court room in July and hearing that judge say you were ours!  I was pregnant with your sister and having contractions every few minutes and I think everyone in the court room was worried I was going to go into labor, but I wasn't missing that day for anything!  We were all grins and couldn't wait to get home to give you the good news!  When daddy and I got custody of you in 2008, you were 7 years old.  At 7, you didn't play with Barbies or baby dolls because you had been told that they were for babies.  But you see, you were our baby....So Barbies and baby dolls became a huge part of our lives again and you loved them!  You still love to play with them today.  It probably helps that your little sister loves them also and you both play together!  I know the days of you playing with Barbies and baby dolls are probably coming to an end sooner than I want, but for now I am enjoying you playing with them.  It is a gentle reminder that you are still little.  Daddy and I want to keep you little forever!  You have matured so much in these last 6 months!  When we got you in 2008, you finally had almost 4 years of stability in ONE house and ONE school!  We tried to prepare you as much as possible for our move to VA but we were worried how you would do with change.  You have done fabulous transitioning into a new life here!  You are doing awesome in school here and have made friends with no problem!  After only being here for a little over a month, you had a birthday party with I think 8 girls!  Eight girls spent the night to celebrate your party.  (The only reason we agreed to let you have a sleepover is because we didn't think but a few girls would come!)  Boy were we wrong =)  But you had a blast and we loved every minute of it also because it proved that you were doing well with the move!  You are such a good big sister to Brylee and Hudson.  They both love you.  Brylee looks forward to you coming home from school each day and each day she asks you the same question, "Darbie, did you hab a good day?"  She thinks of you often throughout the day and if we are out and about, she always wants to buy you something.  Hudson's face lights up when he sees you!  He loves you as much as a little 5 month old can!  You are turning into a funny girl!  You like to joke but you can also be very serious.  You like to know the day's plans ahead of time.  sometimes it drives your daddy bonkers but I get it... I like knowing too and I too don't like surprises!  Every day you want to know what's for dinner and I tell you, but daddy gives you the answer of "food" and it drives you crazy.  I know how you feel.  Long ago I would ask Nana the same question and she'd give me the same answer as daddy gives you and it would drive me crazy!  Currently your favorite flower is a daisy and you love the wild colored ones!  You love getting them!  Already, you are such a lady =)  Your favorite color changes on a weekly basis but you always stick to purple, pink, lime green, and blue at times!  You love Justice clothes and could spend hours in that store!  Even though you like to play with bugs and lizards and frogs and what nots, you are still very girly girl and like to be dressed nicely.  You are slow!  I try to remind myself of this, but when we are in a hurry it's hard.... you don't like to be rushed and when you are rushed you get flustered and it takes you even longer to do whatever it is you are doing.  We always say you only have one speed and that's "Darbie speed".  You work well on a timer and that's when you waste the smallest amount of time.  You like boundaries and knowing what you can and can't do ahead of time.  You start middle school next year and are a little bit nervous, but I think now that it's almost here you aren't as nervous as you once were!  I don't worry at all!  You'll will be fine!  You are kind and sweet and make friends easily!  You have the biggest heart.  You love people and helping people.  I never worry about you being unkind to other kids.  Daddy and I aren't naive when it comes to our children and their behavior, but that's one thing we always know...  you will be kind to others.  You love music and can pretty much remember the words to  a song after hearing it for the first time.  You have managed to make all A's this school year and you just got awarded student of the month!  We are sooo very proud of you!  Happy belated 11th birthday baby!  Daddy and Mom love you very much!

Where our life as a family of three started...in Georgia the summer of 2006.


Daddy was in a school for a week and we spent our days playing at parks and in the pool!


This was your first trip to Seattle and we ate at the Space Needle!  This was your dessert that night!

The night we officialy and legally became a family of three!


Summer of 2007 in Washington


Summer of 2008.  We spent A LOT of time at the beach!


Your first soccer season!  I wish I had a video of your first game compared to now!  You have come soooo far and improved sooo much in soccer!

Halloween in Bama 2008




Christmas 2008


(Ok, if I keep going at this rate, there will be a lot of pictures =)  so we'll give birthday picture updates!)

Happy 8th birthday!
(We started a tradition of taking each out you out on the day of your birthday to your restraunt of choice on the night of your actual birthday!)  This year you chose Crab Shack
This was the day of your 8th birthday party!  this year you had a dog theme party at our house in South Carolina!


Happy 9th Birthday!  This year you chose to eat at Crab Shack again, but I can't find pictures of that night....=(  This year, you had an I Carly party at Possibly Picasso.  Ya'll painted pottery and loved it!


Happy 10th birthday!  This year, you chose to eat at Yokoso, one of your favorite Japanese steakhouses in Summerville.  (For some reason, the pictures from your birthday dinner aren't pulling up.)  But, you had an Owl themed birthday party at the Ice Plex in North Charleston and everyone had a lot of fun ice skating!

Happy 11th birthday!  This year you wanted to try a new Japanese steakhouse in Va.  The one we chose wasn't the best so the search continues.....but, we had a good time eating out as a family and celebrating your special day!

This year, you had a zebbra print birthday party.  We went ice skating and then came back to our house for a sleepover!  We had cici's pizza for dinner and you guys played and made scarvs for their party favors!  (Yep, you are in your jammies...it was late LOL)




No comments:

Post a Comment