Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Date Night

So, I was thinking about this last night and how awesome this feeling is.... Tim and I had a date last night. It was the first time we've ever had a sitter come and watch the kids.  It definitely won't be the last time.  She said they were great and would love to come back so thankfully they didn't run her off =)  Now that I've done it, it'll be easier to do again.  I was a little nervous yesterday preparing for her.  I got everything ready and laid out for her.  I poured the girls milk for dinner and set it in the fridge...like Katy can't pour milk....but I kept wondering to myself if everything would work out.  Darbie is no problem watching.  Brylee is good but can be  a handful and Hudson is just Hudson sometimes =)  the house was cleaned but at 3:45 I had 4 LOADS or maybe it was 5 that needed to be folded and put away... Running out of time, I decided to "hide" them in my closet until I could get to them.  When I walked upstairs to put Hudson to bed last night, I noticed the vacuum was in the hallway.... This is the vacuum that stays in our closet.  It was part of Darbie's chores to vacuum upstairs because she didnt do it this weekend.  So, this means either Darbie was in our closet, which she isn't suppose to be in (although I was kind of hoping it was her and not Katy that saw the mess in my closet) It wasn't.... Ms. Katy got it out for Darbie!  Sssoooo embarrassing!  At any rate, they all survived and had a lot of fun with Ms. Katy.

So back to my feeling I started out writing about...as the day went on, I grew more and more excited....Forget the fact I was up the night before sick and didnt get much sleep......  I tried on 4 outfits before finally deciding on an outfit....4 OUTFITS!  Come on... I'm not in high school anymore....But I wanted to look just right....just right for Tim... not that he could have probably cared less what I wore... The only thing he doesn't care for are turtleneck shirts and none of the four outfits were turtleneck shirts so I was in the clear there.... But I was sooo excited and had butterflies in my stomach that I became a frazzled mess trying to decide what to wear... But, he saved the moment and chose a shirt for me =)  Off we went to eat Mexican and have nice uniterrupted conversations about nothing really.  We just laughed and talked but it was so nice.  Then, we went to see a movie.  I know...movies are generic, but it's something we both love to do and before kids we used to see one just about every weekend and now we get to see an adult movie at the theater about once a year so it's something we relish!  We got home, the girls were already in bed and Hudson was well on his way.... I was impressed that Ms. Katy got Brylee in bed... I went up just knowing she was still awake and my little princess was fast asleep!  Darbie was also out of it so I tucked them both in and ricked my little man to sleep with no fussing!  Then Tim and I got to actually sit and watch TWO dvr'ed shows... We talked about favorite previous dates we had... It's funny that we disliked Washington soooo much but some of our most favorite memories of us together were up there!  We had a getaway weekend one time to Victoria Canada that was wild and fun... A few trips to the piano bar with friends that are memorable for many reasons....one night we went to a beach and shot the Seattle skyline...many many more...but our date last night was perfect in every little sense.  I am soo happy that I am still so madly in love with this man.  I am sooo happy that he still gives me butterflies.

1 comment: