Friday, April 4, 2014

Update on the Hill's

Hello everyone!

I wanted to give an update on our crazy life!  We are now officially in Alabama!  We are all getting adjusted...some of us better than others.  We pulled in late Sunday night and it is now Friday.  I feel like I am just now getting a chance to come up for breath.  We are completely unpacked and I am sure my parents are thinking "what in the world did we get ourselves into?!" LOL  We are living with my parents until we buy or build.  Tim is here until April the 11th, and then he will fly back to VA until July.  I am also flying back to VA with him on that day because last Friday, while our house hold goods were getting loaded into the moving van, I almost totalled my car.  It is getting fixed and I am flying back in with Tim and driving back to AL a few days later.  Did I say our lives have been crazy??? 

Tim has a second interview and a tour of the plant with a company here on Monday.  Were praying all goes well and just maybe he'll be offered a job!  That would be a nice birthday present for him =)  I am thinking of finding a part time job in the evenings until school starts here.  I'm not sure if or how that will work out, just some thoughts.  I have LOVED this season in our life where I have been able to be home with our children.  It has been the BIGGEST blessing of my life.  I have loved every single minute of it.  With that being said, we believe this season maybe over and I am going back to work full time in the Fall.  I am going to miss my little man sooo much =(

Darbie started her new school on Tuesday and is actually loving it.  She is adjusting very well!  She is excited about the amount of "nice" girls and that many are openly "Christian" as she says =)  She is, of course, loving being here with family and with Nana and Papa. 

Brylee is having the hardest time of all adjusting to living here.  She loves being around family but asks on a daily basis about her old house and her friends in VA.  It makes my heart ache.  She talks about them often and wonders what they are doing =(  Hopefully, things will start to get easier.  She has her first softball game in the morning.  Last night her team had a scrimmage and she was quite a character.  She hit the ball and ran to 3rd instead of 1st =)  We laughed so hard we cried but she got right back other that next time around and did ok!  It will definitely be a learning experience for her!

Hudson is doing just fine.  He is sleeping in the room with us so that is an adjusment to all of us.  He is in his own bed but he is such a light sleeper that even with the radio on he still hears us shifting in the bed =(  He is LOVING having Nana and Papa and asks about a million times a day where they are.  (they are working=)

Please be in prayer about us and our transition here in Alabama.  Please pray that we are able to purchase the home that we LOVE and that we make whatever house we buy our home.  Please pray for us while we are separated from Tim for 3 months.  Please pray for the kids that they continue to get settled in ok, that Darbie continues to make friends, that Brylee's little heart hurts less and less each day for her friends she misses, and for Hudson to be sweet =)

We miss  you guys and love you soo much!  We can't wait until we see you again!

The Hill Family

No comments:

Post a Comment